Wednesday, May 12, 2010

9 Weeks Old


This is a picture of poor Ava after her shots on Monday. I have end of course testing and I could not miss on Monday to take her so Daddy and Nana went. Ava had to get three shots in her legs and an oral medicine. Daddy said she cried and her little lip was stuck out for a while after. I would have bawled like a baby if I were there. I hate to see her in pain and so uncomfortable. She went to Nana's for the rest of the day. Nana said she would be asleep and would just cry out in pain. It broke my heart. I skipped track practice and ended up taking Tuesday off of work to be with her.
She was hungry, but wouldn't really eat more than an ounce or two. (normally eats 3-4 ounces) She was tired, but really only took 15-20 minute naps. (normally get 2-3 good naps in a day) And poor girl wanted to be held, but only if I was up walking around. If I sat down or stopped for a minute, she would start to cry again. I even got puked and pooped on at the same time yesterday. We both needed an outfit change and bath! I felt so bad for her yesterday. But she slept from 9:30 until 3:00 this morning and then I woke her up again at 6:30 to eat and get ready. She was not happy about the wake up call and would not eat for me again. I wish I could take today off and stay with her until she is fully recovered. I know the shots are in her best interest to keep her healthy, but they hurt me just as much as her. Poor Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment