Thursday, May 6, 2010

2 Months Old


I cannot believe that Ava is two months old today. It seems like she arrived just yesterday in one sense, but also that she has been here forever. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror when I am holding her and I can't believe she is mine. I think with all the babysitting that I did growing up, I always pictured me with a baby... but reality is still hard to grasp. I cannot believe that Matt and I created such a beautiful baby. She is beginning to look like me. We took her to get her 2 month pictures taken and in one of the pictures she looks like me as an infant. We are even in the same pose. We have new milestones every week now. For the last 7 to 10 days our new "trick" is smiling on demand. All you have to do it stick your tongue out and blow a raspberry and you get an instant grin. Of course, it has worked every time except when we were getting her pictures taken.
Well, it is official! We will be leaving for hawaii this summer. Yep, we may be crazy but Matt, Ava, me, Dad, Grandma, and Stephanie are headed to Oahu. I was really excited to bring Ava and introduce her to her native land... but then the logistics of traveling with a 3 month old baby set in. We figured we will need at minimus: carseat, base, stroller, 3 towels, 5 blankets, 5 throws, 8 burp clothes, 8 onesies, 7 sleepers, 7 outfits, 2 swimsuits, 80 diapers, 2 packages of wipes, my pump, 8 bottles, a bottle cleaner, soap, baby shampoo, medicines, butt creams, toys, etc. Holy cow! Thank goodness we will have a lot of hands to help. But it will be totally worth it. I can't wait to show her Mommy and Daddy's favorite place in the whole world. I know she will love it, as well as everyone else! Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment