Thursday, December 10, 2009

28 Weeks

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester! I am still feeling well, but boy am I tired. You know I am tired when I need to sit down for a minute while shopping (which happened this weekend at Gordmans). Basketball is in full swing and we won our first JV game last night. We are now 1-4. Ouch, I know.
I went to the doctor's on Monday and had my Glucose testing done. Everything came out fine with that and I have now gained 18 glorious pounds. But I did get a call from a nurse yesterday telling me my iron was really low. They want me to quadrulple my iron intake, which I am sure will reek havoc on my body again. But it's really important since my blood volume has now doubled since before I was pregnant. There are also complications which can affect the baby such as low birth weight or pre-term labor. So we are working to get this under control ASAP.
We now have to go to the doctor every 2 weeks for routinue blood tests and measurements of the baby. Once I get to 36 weeks, I will go every week. My next appointment is December 23. We will also have an ultrasound done that day to check on the baby and to see her position. I also want to double check that we still have a girl.
Matt and I leave for NY in 8 days and I am looking forward to a relaxing Christmas break with my electric blanet, couch, and TV. I can't wait until Christmas gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment