Thursday, April 1, 2010

1 month old

It's hard to believe she has been here for almost a month. Boy have our lives changed. I did not realize how amazing having a baby could be. She is pretty amazing. Her smile makes my day and I could stare at her forever. Being a mom is the greatest thing ever.
My favorite highlight of the day has to be bathtime. I am not sure why, but there is something about a clean baby all bundled up in a towel... I then nurse her and we get ready for bed. She is sleeping about 3 hours at a time at night. And it is hard to get up with her at 3 in the morning, but it is only hard to pull my feet out of bed. Once I have her in my arms, it might as well be 3 in the afternoon. I nurse her in our glider and just stare at her until she falls back asleep. She seems so peaceful!
Our families are crazy about her too. She has spent a lot of time with Nana and Aunt Fannie because they live so close. Matt's mom came up last week to spend some time with her while I went to the dentist. I am sure Ava is held so much she probably won't walk until she is two. She is a cuddly baby who love to be up on the shoulder and loves her butt patted. It makes my family crazy that she loves the shoulder so much because they cannot see her pretty face.
Speaking of her face... she is the spitting image of Matt. Everytime I look at her she just reminds me of him. All that work by me, and she looks like Matt. haha. Matt is such a great dad. He does diapers, washes blown out onesies, and cleans out bottles and pumping equiptment. He is so great with her. I could not imagine us without her now.
Labor was not as bad as I thought it would be. My students and athletes always ask me, "did it hurt?" Yes it hurt! But when it was all said and done, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I stayed in control and made it all the way to 7cm before I was ready for an epidural. (and praise Jesus for that!) From start to finish, I labored for about 7 hours at the hospital, although my contractions had been going for about 12 hours before I had to report for my induction. We did eat our last supper (without a child) down at Bucca de Beppos on the Plaza- contractions and all. Yes, she had to be evicted. She liked my womb a little to much. But she was worth the wait.
All in all, I cannot believe how amazing she is. She is perfect. From her dark blue eyes to her long toes. God is so amazing and everytime I look at her I am reminded of how truely blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment